In this recording, we will show you how to create a parametric analytical model of a balanced cantilever bridge in Grasshopper. Attach cross-sections, placements, and any further relevant information to the road alignment and build a fully parametric bridge model for analysis and design.
Benefit from the streamlined workflow between Grasshopper and SOFiSTiK to maximize efficiency, flexibility, and accuracy.
What you will learn
- Organize input data in a spreadsheet and create the bridge superstructure along an axis with a master cross-section, variables, and placements.
- Define the superstructure as a spine model. Assign construction stage numbers and section Id’s to the structural lines.
- Specify support conditions using placement names or station values.
- Define cantilever and continuous tendons based on placement names or station values.
- Modify the model and visualize its data in Rhino.
- Apply permanent and variable loads.
- Perform a construction staged analysis.
Watch more free SOFiSTiK Webinars and Webinar Recordings.